Can't get your camera running? Post here for help from real experts.

IP Camera Problems Connecting Externall

IP Camera Problems Connecting Externall

Postby davegino » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi,

I've bought a cheap generic IP Camera (F-Series) off ebay and although everything works fine on my LAN, I am having problems connecting to my IP Camera with it's external address. I have upnp on my router and it shows in the log that the port has been opened and the configuration page of my camera has a check button which says "suceeded" when pressed so I think the router stuff is ok.

The address given for my ip camera is:
http://
[myuniqueusername]
.ipcam.hk/html and this connects ok, but I have tried every variation of username an password that I can think of and just can't get it to login.

The info I am prompted for is as follows:

Please input the IP Camera ID.
Account:
Password:
Note:Only can view video. Please input account and password of user.

If anyone has come across this type of camera before and can offer some advice as to how to connect remotely, it would be greatly apprecaited...

Dave
davegino

Postby nw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm

I'd suggest you forget about UPnP and set up the port-forwarding manually.

Check this guide out for information about setting up external access.

http://www.networkwebcams.com/ip-camera ... te-access/
nw
Site Admin

Postby bennyw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 am

I bought the same camera and having the same trouble...if u get an answer pls let me know ..I have tried everything.....
bennyw

Postby nw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am

Another thing. If you are looking to use UPnP make sure your camera is set to DHCP.
nw
Site Admin

Postby snowy190uk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 pm

I've also bought an F-Series (WiFi) camera from ebay.

Quite a cheap and nasty thing if I'm honest, but it was within my budget (£46 English pounds) and seemed to be just what I wanted. However (there always is a 'however', isn't there?), I cannot get the wireless part working, which was the main reason why I bought it.

I work in IT, so know the rudimentary's about wireless networking, protocols and security keys so I know its not anything to do with that.

Does anyone have any idea if you have to do any software/firmware upgrades? It works really well using Cat5e/RJ45, but I don't want to have to start trailing cables about the place!

Many thanks for any help.
Chris.
snowy190uk

f series

Postby czar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 am

I have two of these camera's and they are both running wireless, at up to 30m with AES and mac filtering and they both work perfect, either you have a faulty camera or your not as savvy as you need to be. I use a billion 5200g, and I think these camera are really excellent. One of them even had about 1000L of water poured over it and it was sitting in 1inch of water powered on, and it still works perfect.

It took me ages to figure out that they have issues with alike camera names, and sometimes you have to reboot your router to clear the cache when you’re setting them up the first time. Usually if you’re having an issue it’s because you don’t understand exactly how it’s set up, or how it needs to be setup, as I discover as I initially though my camera was faulty.

I have one bone to pick and that is I can’t figure out how to disable beep in the web browser when motion is detected.

they work perfect with Active Webcam, just configure them as "Airlink101 250AIC", but in my humble opinion the firmware software is better than active web cam, its less buggy and runs more reliably, but as I say, I cant disable the fricken alarm beep!

I too can’t find a firmware upgrade.
czar

Postby nw-james » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't know about firmware, but does your SSID or key have any special characters held within (including spaces)? I know some cameras are not happy with these.

Hyperdrinky
nw-james
IP VIDEO GURU

f series

Postby ripmyundies » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 am

Hi all

I just got an f Series in China while traveling...box is english...but...CD is all in Chinese.

I found a en English manual, but after English applications etc that come on the disk

If anyone can help me out, I'd be grateful!

Email: sc1ence at paradise dot net dot nz

I managed to get it to FTP images to my server, but hoping it can drop video there too using motion detection....
ripmyundies

RE:this topic

Postby mardaren » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

I think you can contact the supplier as soon as possible. They have the responsibility to solve this problem....
mardaren

ip details

Postby shepp1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:40 pm

bennyw wrote:I bought the same camera and having the same trouble...if u get an answer pls let me know ..I have tried everything.....

The information should be on the base of the camera ie: User name: admin, Password: none.

Type in admin for user, leave the password blank, click ok.

Repeat this if asked for in the next process.

This should take you to your camera page where you can configure wireless settings by using the options button.

Hope this helps. :
shepp1

Re: IP Camera Problems Connecting Externall

Postby Tony Woodford » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm having the same problem have you solved it yet?

Have you tried this site ://app.ipcam.hk/htm
Tony Woodford

camera settings do not show in web view

Postby hdokes » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:08 am

Hey there....

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the f-series cameras? I have two of them and both do this. You can enter the info in the web setup... it obviously takes... however... you can't see the set up entries... the fields are blank.

I have had no luck finding firmware for this tho I do know there are newer versions based on manuals I have seen on line that show newer firmware numbers.

My versions:

Device firmware: 4.23.2.5
Device Embeded Web UI: 4.3.3.39

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
hdokes

to config the camera to excess from inter net

Postby mohd ali » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 pm

hey frdzz i m new on the side bt i use to work for ip camera only i think i can help u for it bt its is a long procedure to do so if u want u can cal me bt plz dnt mis use ma number plz [removed by admin].
mohd ali

Postby spycamera » Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 am

Have you find it ?
spycamera

Postby Calmore » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 am

Hi All,

I was having exactly the same problem, IP camera worked fine on the internal network but couldn't for the life of me get the xxxx.ipcam.hk site to work.

I decided to bite the bullet and use the port forwarding method described above.

Lo-and-behold the xxxx.ipcam.hk site now works! It seems as though the ipcam site simply re-directs to the IP address of your camera, thus Port Forwarding must be set up.

It's a great little camera for the price, just let down by the lack of understandable documentation.
Calmore

Postby kathiny » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:37 am

So you have your combo DSL ROUTER wired to a SECOND ROUTER (with wifi).

You are now performing a double NAT and have quadrupled the work to get your camera on the internet since you have to port forward not once but twice and hope it all works. I make no offer to write how to forward ports.

But in POST 17 of this forum's sticky we note how to use common wifi routers as a WAP. If you had done this then only one the first DSL ROUTER would have to be configured for forwarding the needed ports.

You can also turn on the "bridge mode" of the DSL ROUTER so you configure the WIFI ROUTER to do the PPPOE login and you have the same issue of PORT FORWARDING.

This is no offer to write a tutorial about such as the internet is full of articles about this. You also have an issue that your ISP may block inbound port 80 so besides the issues you created with dual routers you have to see if your ISP is thwarting your efforts.

Good luck
kathiny

Postby nazka » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 am

Estimados, la solución al problema de la visualización en xxx.ipcam.hk es realizar la activación en del puerto 81 en el router, luego de eso podran tener acceso remotamente a la cámara.
Dentro de la configuración del router (NAT) deben activar la dirección ip de la cámara y abrirle el puerto 81a la ip local que le asignaron a la cámara (192.168.1.126:81)

La configuracion de la camara deberia quedar algo asi:

Application Protocol Start Port End Port Local IP Address
| | | | |
camaraip - 81 81 192.168.1.126

--------------

Dear, the solution to the problem of visualization is to activate xxx.ipcam.hk in 81 port on the router, then that will be able to remotely access the camera.
Within the configuration of the router (NAT) must activate the camera's IP address and port to open 81st local ip assigned to the camera (192.168.1.126:81)

The camera settings should be something like this:

Application Protocol Start Port End Port Local IP Address
| | | | |
camaraip - 81 81 192.168.1.126

Saludos.. desde Chile
nazka

Postby wrstylo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm

thanks for the info
wrstylo
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Postby micsabbah » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi all,

Help greatly needed please...

My camera (M Series i think (outdoor +wifi)) has just been working perfectly fine for almost 2 years.
It suddenly stopped sending me email alerts and being accessible from internet (even 'test' mails dont work anymore) but i changed nothing.
It physically still works and i can access it locally, but not from internet.

I have a fixed IP,
On the DDNS setup page, i used default values (user .ipcam .hk + login and password given with the cam). but it now says 'network error' on this page.
Is it possible this account was closed suddenly?
I guess the problem comes from here, but why do i even need DDNS when i have a fixed IP?

I can change that to a DynDNS account on the page so
I now created a dyndns account and address (not free anymore :/) but it now says 'Initializing DynDns progress' and nothing better happens.
it ask me for:
DNS Account: I put my xxx .dyndns. org name
User Name: I put my dyndns login...should it be the cam's?
Password: I put my dyndns password
Am i right to do this?

Could you please help me?
I don't understand what's going on and how to solve it but need to do so urgently...

Second question,
i need activeX plugin to see the cam's images, so can't be done from Imac, Iphone, Ipad...
Is there any way to update the cam's firmware to change this??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
micsabbah

Postby Lugano27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Dear all, hope someone can assist:
have bouht a F-serie IP cam (chinese manufacturer); I am using an iMac, but I guess being an IP, this shouldn't be an issue...
using an ADSL modem + Cisco wifi router.
I have plugged the CAM into the router (wired) and the cam appears among the connected devices with the appropriate IP and port (as reported on the userhandbook of the cam); I have pinged the device , and it is connected;
however I am unable to access the cam (even locally) through the browser (safari).

I'd like to use the cam as generic security cam to monitor the environement, and to access it from internet (either mac, tablet, pc or smartphone).

Would anyone give me some advice on how to go further??
many thanks to all
Lugano27

Next

Return to Troubleshooting and configuration