Discuss Panasonic network cameras and CCTV equipment.

10 Cameras, 5 in Fl, and 5, 1000 miles away, Worked Great!

10 Cameras, 5 in Fl, and 5, 1000 miles away, Worked Great!

Postby JCha5 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:36 am

10 cameras in 2 states. For 2 years, I view all 10 on one page via internet fm outside U.S. - But one camera went dn. I can only get 5 cameras back up. Two Fl cameras are back up and 3 where I am. There is no one in Fl to assist. But one guy in past, got all Fl cameras back up with no one in Fl to assist. I can't get in touch with him at Panasonic tech support. I know to tie the cameras to the Master, using Setup and Multi and typing in the url & port #'s to the Master cameras multi page.
Is there no source document that explains setup for multiple cameras, in separate locations?
(My first post. Just found this site)

Thanks for any and all help!
JCha5

Postby nw-james » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 am

Hi JCha5,

First, you need to confirm that the cameras are working. Try putting the external IP address / port number into IE and see if you can see the cameras (e.g http://address:port ). If you can see them then you know the cameras are functioning correctly. If not then the problem may be one of the following:

* Router has lost port-forwarding rules
* Router is in need of a restart
* Cameras are in need of a restart
* Power has been lost to part of the installation
* If wireless, the wireless link may be down

If there is no one on site it will be difficult to troubleshoot this. If you have remote access to your router you may be able to remotely restart it and may be able to get the cameras online again. You may also be able to check and see if the port forwarding rules are still active.

Hyperdrinky
nw-james
IP VIDEO GURU

Postby JCha5 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:36 am

Tks for the input. I have 8 of the 10 cameras now working.
I intend to replace the routers, as that may be related to the problem I've had. It may be an intermittent problem, as they seem fine most of the time.

Any thoughts on this: I'm viewing all cameras on multi--view. But one camera can be viewed as a single view, or with 16 cameras view selected. But on 9 view that cameras picture is greyed out, and the other 7 cameras display a normal picture.
JCha5

Postby leapyear52 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:27 am

How many domains have you registered ? I have 3 cameras and having trouble viewing globally. Sometimes grey out or red x in upper left. Anyway you could send me a screen shot of your multiview setup page where you enter your ten ip's on the master camera or do you have 10 separate domains registered ?
leapyear52
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Return to Panasonic