General discussion of issues relating to network cameras and their use.

Streaming Through Teamviewer VPN

Streaming Through Teamviewer VPN

Postby Stuga » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:29 pm

I have a situation that I wonder if anyone can help me with. I use Panasonic IP cameras on machine tools. Each machine has a PC on it with the cameras on the same subnet. To access the cameras, I currently have to set up a VPN connection to the remote site and then I can stream the IP cameras with no problems.

However, I have several sites where VPN is not available, yet I have access to the PC via a broadband connection and a program called Teamviewer. Teamviewer allows remote control of the PC desktop, and there is also a feature that gives you a VPN connection to the remote PC.

What I want to do is to route the camera streams through this VPN connection. I don't know if this is possible - does anyone know if it is?

Many Thanks
Stuga

Postby athenaz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:03 am

Is there anyway to connect to a windows domain using a third party vpn service?
The user is in a different location and needs to authenticate to the domain. We already have a sonicwall TZ170 firewall global vpn connection to the users computer that we want to use. When he logs in normally using the sonicwall client software, it prompts him for his sonicwall user account. Is there anyway for him to still authenticate to the windows domain?
athenaz

Postby namratasnv » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi,

According to me there is way that can be routed through VPN as, i have not find any appropriate stuff to know about this but I was somewhere very much willing to.

One of my friend is using VPN service I have to ask him whether he is getting such stuffs.

Thanks!
namratasnv
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Return to General discussion