General discussion of issues relating to network cameras and their use.

Panasoni BL-C230 and 2wire 2701HG-B

Panasoni BL-C230 and 2wire 2701HG-B

Postby mohare » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 am

I need help setting my camera up to be accessed from the internet. It's set up perfectly within my home network, no problems. But anything to do with crossing through my 2wire modem, and I'm hung up. No access from the internet, no trigger emails. I have confired the 2wire for port forwarding, and the port is open (according to PFportchecker), but still no luck. Any ideas?

Do I need to set up with DHCP instead of static?

Is there something I'm missing on the 2wire config?
mohare

Postby nw-james » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi Mohare,

Do you have viewnetcam setup? in order to check port forwarding you need to try from outside your own network. Try from work or a friends house if possible.

Also, I have seen on similar 2wire routers that you do sometimes need to set up the camera on "Automatic" or "DHCP" in order to get the router to forward to it. I would try initially with Static if you can (its a lot more robust in the long run) but if not, try the others.

Also, take a look at our remote access article in our resource center which may give you the info you need: http://www.networkwebcams.com/ip-camera ... te-access/

Hyperdrinky
nw-james
IP VIDEO GURU

Postby Lassen » Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I had a similar issue with my 2wire DSL router and port forwarding. I fixed it by changing the usable IP range in teh 2wire set-up to work with t\he cameras IP address. Now I can view the cam using viewcamnet.

I never did get the email to work with 2wire router. Let me know if you did..

Thanks,
Lassen
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Postby Lassen » Wed May 05, 2010 12:42 am

Lassen wrote:I had a similar issue with my 2wire DSL router and port forwarding. I fixed it by changing the usable IP range in teh 2wire set-up to work with t\he cameras IP address. Now I can view the cam using viewcamnet.

I never did get the email to work with 2wire router. Let me know if you did..

Thanks,

I just took a look and here's where it is on my old 2Wire:
Home Network Tab - Advanced Settings - Settings

Check box the IP address range that starts with 192.......
After that you will have to restart all you devices on the network to re-attached to your LAN.
Lassen
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Postby buellwinkle » Thu May 06, 2010 4:11 pm

I had the same router that my DSL provider gave me for signing up. It seems to work properly sometimes and sometimes not, very buggy router. I switched it for a Netgear DSL Modem/Router and it works as one would expect, don't have problems viewing cameras remotely.
buellwinkle
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Return to General discussion